So why should you take what I have to say about becoming a proofreader with anything more than a pinch of salt?
Allow me to introduce myself.
My name is Michael. I worked part-time as a freelance proofreader for many years before setting up my own proofreading company and hiring proofreaders – London Proofreaders – Google it. Suffice to say, I know a bit about becoming a proofreader and more importantly the other side, what companies look for when hiring, training and testing proofreaders.
I get so many questions through our proofreading company website about how to become a proofreader and I find it impossible to answer them all. These are questions like:
- What qualifications do I need to become a proofreader?
- How do I find proofreading work?
- How much do proofreaders earn?
- I worked in admin and proofread reports. How can I use my experience to become a proofreader?
- How can I find online proofreading jobs?
Finding it impossible to reply personally to all the questions I decide to create the “how to become a proofreader” course to give a definitive answer to these and other questions.
It’s online and self-paced and you won’t find this type of in-depth content anywhere else. Find out more here….